Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Eastern Sierra

I'm an east coast girl who headed west-looking for gold in 2009.

I struck gold the next year.

I first met the Eastern Sierra in the fall of 2010.

It was a year of spectacular fall glory.

Vibrant golds and orange draped the hills of North Lake and South Lake. 

The air so thin-I had to catch my breath -and when I did I inhaled the gossamer espalier of aspen branches and fluttering leaves, snow dusted mountainous inclines spilling over with cold rushing creeks.

I vowed to return...and I did-skipping out of work early 4 days later to experience the progression of fall color tumbling down the slopes into golden grassy ponds.

Eastern Sierra-Here the air is clearer, the mountains and storms bigger-the geology so diverse and strange.

EasternSierra-a place to renew the soul.

...I'll be back!



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment